- Associate Professor at the University of Palermo, Dipartimento di Matematica e Informatica.
- Member of the Editorial board of
Theoretical Computer Science, Elsevier (TCS-A),
- Member of the Scientific Committee of GRIN (Group of Italian Professors of Computer Science) (Nov 2020 - today)
- National Scientific Qualification (Abilitazione Scientifica Nazionale) as full professor in Italian Universities (SSD ING-INF/05 - Information processing systems from 03/08/2017 and SSD INF/01 from 17/02/2020).
- Co-chair (with Travis Gagie) of the CiE 2020 Special Session on Combinatorial String Matching.
- PC member of the conferences:
SOFSEM 2021 (Track FACB),
AutoMathA 2020 ,
SOFSEM 2020 (Track FACB),
SPIRE 2017 (co-chair),
- Invited speaker at the conferences:
Women in Computability 2020 ,
IWOCA 2019 ,
AutoMathA 2015 ,
DATA STREAMS AND COMPRESSION - CiE 2013 Special Session,
CCI III 2006.
- Member of the Steering Committee of the International Symposium on String Processing and Information Retrieval (SPIRE 2018, 2019, 2020)
- Here you can find my detailed CV (last update January 7th, 2021)
- Laboratorio di Algoritmi (Degree in Computer Science).
- Teoria dell'Informazione e Compressione Dati (Master Degree in Computer Science).
- Main research lines: Combinatorics on Words, Algorithms on Strings, Automata Theory and Formal Languages, Symbolic Dynamics, Data Compression, Data Structures and Algorithms for the analysis of biological sequences. Some of the most cited publications are related to the extension of the Burrows-Wheeler Transform to a collection of sequences (Theoretical Computer Science 2007), the study of mathematical properties and the combinatorial analysis of the BWT (Information Processing Letters 2003) and the boosting of the BWT-based compression of sequences (Journal of the ACM 2005).
- Supervisor or tutor of research grants: Roberto Vaglica (MIUR Research Fellow), Valerio Perticone (Project Research grant), Fabio D'Asaro (Project Research grant), Marco Elio Tabacchi (Project Research Fellow), D'Amico Andrea (Project Research grant), Michele Fiordispina (Project Research grant), Giuseppe Romana (current PhD student).